Blog Archive

Welcome to Winter and the End of NaBloPoMo

Whoa -- it is December, people.

DECEMBER.

Coloured lights are decked out on houses, parking lots of filled with evergreens prepped for baubles (and more lights), and OMG the retail store promotions.....

As I type, a few lazy flurries are spiraling outside the window. See now, this is the awesome part of winter. We can still get that rush of excitement to see snow, and we aren't in the middle of holiday burnout yet.

And what else could be just as awesome....?


.... the end of NaBloPoMo, and the knowledge I have more or less survived it. I admit, I was disappointed when I realized I'd missed one post. Even when I slogged through a tough week in terms of school assignments and 5 AM shifts (and still managed to post even little blurbs about it), I still managed to miss one. Bah.

That aside, I managed to stumble across some content or leads I was thrilled to uncover. I find projects like NaBloPoMo remind writers to scour all possible outlets for topics. The project itself tunes you into stories around you in a new way. It's simple to cruise through the day and not take note of the details, but when you imagine readers waiting to share those observations with you, the whole show gets a new light to it.

Anyhow, rambles -- I figure I ought to do a recap of the past month to take stock.


TOTAL POSTS: 29 posts.

Average Rate of Posts: 0.96....

Tunes for Tuesdays Profiles:

And the highlights of November 2010:

  • I just about lost myself to another deluge of science fiction obsession. I get bouts of it every now and then, and it tends to coincide with winter closing in. I shared my frothing over the soon-to-be-released action-fantasy flick, Sucker Punch; I speculated on what childhood sci fi shows and films contributed to the current obsession with space; and I even wrote out my recent conversation with the rather erratic film, Daybreakers, that I was rather amused with.
  • LITERATURE: Damn. Another theme I came close to losing myself over. The lure is a dangerous one. I speculated on the Existential Hand Down the Pants of Can Lit; I recommended a few recent reads to fellow bloggers; and I analyzed the troubling portrayals of bi-identified characters in Damon Galgut's Man Booker Prize-nominated novel, In a Strange Room.
  • I shared some of the frets and faults from 2010, and I even discussed What Makes a Lesbian Heart Weep.
  • I lapsed into a fun, filler survey, and then I found an in-depth, 99-question Sunday survey hiding on this very laptop (I have Part One and Part Two of the latter survey up so far with a whole lot more to come!)
  • The Moffatt household received some STUNNING NEWS, and I can't share it until this weekend. Paf, I hate the wait....
  • ... And then I became a lazy blogger what with assignments crashing in.

So there, another November come and gone. Even when I flaked out toward the end of the month, I still hit on some neat topics. I have more than one post I'm proud over, and that's more than a writer can ask for.

Here's to another NaBloPoMo, and here's to the start of the 2010 holiday season.