Blog Archive

Jay Was In The House

Jay McCarroll Skyped into our monthly meeting (LA Modern Quilt Guild) and we had a fabulous time.  He was so adorable and funny.
Jay Skyping in (photo by Alissa Haight Carlton)

Jay was also able to see the results of our Jay McCarroll Habitat competition.  The binding on my quilt wasn't finished, but I was able to show him the front and back of my quilt (and Jay liked it).


This is me showing my quilt to Jay. (photo by Alissa Haight Carlton)
 The quilt is finished now:
Habitat Quilt
Lightened so quilting would show
Of course it's better in person.  I love log cabins made from the same fabric.  Kind of my thing.  Here's the back.
Quilt back
The only fabrics out of this line that I liked were the polka dots.  Since we could only add one fabric, I just pulled the black out of each style.  I'm glad it's done.  I'll do better on the next challenge.

Off to the next challenge.  A new piece for a fine art show that I'm in at Sangria Fine Arts in December.  It's a small one (12" square), so I'm having a good time with it.  I'll post it when it's done.