Blog Archive

FOTD: Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation

As I haven't used my recently purchased Illamasqua Rich Liquid enough to write a full review, I thought why not do a FOTD to just show you guys what it looks like? :)

(I'm not naked.. just wearing a tube top :P)

I know it looks like a really easy look, but in reality, this foundation is a bit time-consuming to apply! I mix it in with some Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer, and holding the end of my MAC 109, lightly brush it onto my face. That being said, it's worth it! It gives a really luminous matte finish, and stays on all day. Average oil control, and doesn't transfer if you blot! I have my doubts about its durability through rain, as one day when I was wearing this I ended up with spotty foundation on my chin and between my eyebrows - will be running some tests before a full review, but so far I am loving it except for how long it takes! :)

Anyway, I quite like this look - it doesn't have the same natural/care-free feel as a medium coverage natural finish foundation, but I quite like the more polished, "a little bit made up" base combined with the minimal effort everywhere else. I think it's quite classy! I've been loving filling in my eyebrows, and the pop of pink on my lips I think balances out the neutral-ness of everything else :)

Here's what I have on my face:


Face:
Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation in RF233
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
Bourjois Compact Powder in 73 Miel Dore
Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer in Medium Matte
NARS Blush in Luster

Eyes:
Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in 03 Deep Brown
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara
UNE SkinGlow Pencil in G04

Lips:
MAC Lipstick in Please Me


I've been wanting some easy-to-apply matte foundations - some on the list are Chanel Mat Lumiere and MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Does anyone have any recommendations? :) For those with Mat Lumiere, is it quite similar to the finish of this Illamasqua one?

What base do you use for a polished look? :)

<3yu