Blog Archive

A Busy Couple of Weeks

Tel-ART-Phone

We had an artist talk at the gallery (Beacon Arts Building) to discuss the chains in the show.  I was a bit more comfortable talking about my piece this time (I was a nervous wreck on the video).  The video is on YouTube and it contains adult content, but it's really good.  So here I am talking up a storm.  Mat (Gleason) grabbed my camera and took a couple of shots of me.


We had a great turn out (about 60 people).  We'll see who shows up at the next one.

Alissa Haight Carlton Book Signing at Sew Modern

We had fun at Sew Modern on Friday night for Alissa's book signing.

Alissa signing Latifa's book
 Some great pics of beautiful Kona Cotton.

Quilter's crack
Lauren doing the honors


A Baby Quilt for Analize Larsen

My beautiful neighbor Anelize is having a baby boy, so I made a quilt for her as her shower was TODAY.  I finished it this morning, label and all.  It was well received.  It's the super nine patch pattern that works so well for a baby quilt.  Our version (I&M Quilters) is larger than the original pattern.  Plus, I didn't cut it in the traditional way, because I didn't want the three quilts with the three fabrics.  I cut it individually and it worked out well.  A bit more work, but well worth it.


I love a striped border
Anelize and Karl
I'm so happy they were happy.  One baby quilt down, two to go.  Everybody around me seems to be having babies.

Oh, and I'm in a new show.  Photos to follow when there's something to show.