Blog Archive

FOTD: MAC's Vegas Volt

I've always loved and looked better in peaches, corals and oranges, but somehow out of fear of having a dupe, I've always found myself buying more pinks and berries - how ridiculous! Realizing how little I actually have of these gorgeous shades, I've been expanding in my blushers and lip products towards peaches and corals.

One such item is MAC's Vegas Volt, that I picked up in Manchester last week. I've been looking for a bright coral, and had Sleek Papaya Punch in mind for weeks, until I gave up searching for it. I'm almost glad I did because Vegas Volt is GORGEOUS.

*Apologies in advance for the crappy pictures - poor natural lighting makes my camera disfunctional..*


An amplified finish, Vegas Volt is extremely creamy and pigmented. I'd say it's a bright coral, that on my skintone, is bordering on red.


This is a great summer shade, and looks amazing with neutral eyeshadow and lots and lots of mascara. This is what I'm wearing today:


Face:
Nivea Ideal Finish Foundation in 04 Sand
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35
Rimmel Sunshimmer Bronzer in Medium Matte
Nivea Stay Real Blush in Shades of Rose

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
ELF Studio Cream Eyeliner in Coffee
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara
UNE SkinGlow Pencil in G04
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel 002

Lips:
MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt 

MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass, Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss in 15 Coral, MAC Vegas Volt, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipstick.

Like I said, I don't have many peaches and corals, but I thought I'd pop in some swatches comparing some products I thought were similar, just in case some readers had these products and wanted to see what it was like :) I'm a NC35-37 atm in MAC shades :)

What's your favourite coral/peach lipstick for the summer? :)

<3yu

P.S. I've got a clearout blogsale going on Flickr here, if you're interested :) Please comment, tweet or email me if you are!