Blog Archive

Kellie's Doll


Last August, my good friend (and fellow quilter) Kellie got married.  I wanted to give her a special gift for her wedding, so I decided to make her one of Mimi Kirchner's dolls that I fell in love with on the purl bee blog site.  After stealthily asking Kellie a million questions about the details of her dress and accessories, I had enough information to create her wonderful little doll.  I haven’t had so much making something in a long, long time.  I think I did a pretty good job making “Little Kellie,” including her wool felt flower bouquet (we worked on Kellie’s bouquet for many months), her pink peep-toe shoes and her glasses.  I was proud to find out that she was featured prominently on the wedding table during the reception and she has a nice place in Kellie and Steve’s new home.
 
Little Kellie
Love the veil



With glasses

The two Kellies
Kellie and Steve, the happy couple