Blog Archive

Review: Dior Diorskin Forever Foundation Review

When I settled on the Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Make Up with SPF 25, a lot of people seemed to show interest in it, and there aren't enough reviews out there in my opinion, so here is my two cents on this foundation :)


Shades:
Firstly, my shade is 030 which is Medium Beige (MAC NC35-ish). The coding system for Dior foundations work so that the second number indicates the darkness, and the last number indicates the tone. For example, 0 is neutral, 1 is warm/yellow-toned, and 2 is cool/pink-toned. I know there is a 050, but not sure about the range inbetween and beyond that. I think this oxidizes ever so slightly, so it's best to keep that in mind.


Packaging:
I'm not a fan of the navy lid, but the frosted glass, the 'CD' imprint on top and the silver band with "DIORSKIN" is gorgeous. However, it is heavy and sturdy-feeling so it's more of a vanity foundation. Also - I feel like it'll be such a waste when I finish it. High end companies should have foundation refills.. who's with me?! *eco-warrior mode*

The pump is great - it's pretty, high-quality, and it's controllable.


Formula:
The formula is quite watery, and you do have to shake it before you use it but it's not as runny as the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua or the Bourjois Healthymix (i.e. it's not dripping in the above picture).

A little goes a long way, and I find that the most I use is 2.5 pumps, which is with a duo-fibre brush, and with fingers, I use 1.5 for my whole face.

There is a relatively strong smell, but it does go away after you put the formula on your face. It's a very perfume-y smell so if you are sensitive to smells I'd suggest to give it a sniff before you buy it.

SPF 25 = No no to flash photography.

Some people say light-to-medium coverage, I think it's full on medium. I could even use this as concealer if I wanted to, because it's so light it doesn't cake :)


The Wear:
Absolutely gorgeous. It disappears into my skin, and it really looks as if I'm not wearing foundation. Does it feel like I'm not wearing foundation? Close enough, but it's definitely not heavy!

As an "Extreme Wear" make up, it's supposed to last you through "unfriendly environments". I haven't been in many unfriendly environments to be honest lol, but the truth is it wears away in such a natural way - no creases, no patchiness, no nothing, so I can't really tell until I use a make-up wipe how much is left on my face - which is usually quite a lot. I've read reviews that said the person has walked through rain with it on and it was still good :) (Hopefully will never come to that).

I think it's also meant to be transfer resistant but that claim is always a bit dubious cuz most people put blusher/bronzer/powder over it anyway.


The Finish:
I'd say it was a semi-matte finish, and the finish of Forever is as natural as a foundation could be in my opinion - looking at my face in the mirror, I can't really tell that I'm wearing a foundation. If I can't tell, others probably can't either. The finish of this has made me want to invest in cream products so I can maintain that naturalness so I don't have to powder.

But but but.. it isn't the best at oil control so I always have to powder my t-zone, which kinda ruins the natural look (MAC MSFN is natural, but it's no good at oil control) and after a while it does start to feel like you have foundation on cuz you can feel yourself oiling up (gross, sorry!). Might be okay for those with normal skin! I've recently bought a mattifying lotion - so hopefully that will help!


Is this my HG foundation?
In formula, it could be - like I said, the finish and wear is to die for. But the lack of oil-control, the unnecessarily extravagant jar, and the price - £28.50 - puts me off a little bit. But again, a mattifying moisturizer may help.

Positives:
- Looks like you're not wearing foundation
- Light-weight
- Medium coverage
- Long-lasting
- Wears away nicely
- Little goes a long way
- SPF 25

Negatives:
- Not great at oil control
- Waste of a jar when you're done!

As it is my first ever high-end foundation, I will probably keep looking. But I really do like this foundation, and don't regret buying it at all :) I'd give it a 8/10!

UPDATE: You can buy the new formula from Debenham's for £29.50 :)

Have you tried any Dior foundations? What's your HG foundation?

<3yu