Blog Archive

The Manview: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish.. for Men.

Today's post is a guest post from my boyfriend, Ben. He's been using the Starter Kit for Men from the infamous, Liz Earle, after seeing the great effects of the female equivalent has had on my skin. I took this chance to make sure the girls out there knew what was available for the men in their lives :)

Many men don't put as much emphasis on their skincare routine as girls do, often even skipping the whole thing. So I was (and hopefully you will be) interested to hear what he thought..


"Being the first time, and hopefully last time I have written an entry for a beauty blog, I’m not sure where to start.

The most logical place would be the packaging. The 100ml bottle is fairly standard and has a fairly standard beige colour. It has a pump that makes it easier to dispense, and also acts a measure, as the instructions say to use one to two pump(s) when washing your face.

The colour of the packaging, while not eye catching, serves its purpose and I have to say packaging isn’t everything, I would much rather have a product that works in standard packaging than a product in psychedelic packaging that works less well.


In terms of use, it is fairly easy to use and follows the same type of procedures as other face washes I’ve used in the past. While soaking the muslin cloth in a basin of hot water, you just have to apply one or two pumps of the cream to your face. After that, it is just a case of using the cloth to wipe the cream from your face, rinsing every now and again to keep it clean. Once you have washed your whole face you just rinse your face with cold water and then pat it dry with a towel.

The cloth is a different addition to any other face wash I have used before, and perhaps does make the process longer than others, however the success I've had with this compared to others makes it worthwhile.


Since using the product my skin has cleared up quite significantly, the redness on certain areas of my face has gone down as well as clearing up my pores. When spots do appear though, it hasn’t been the most effective to clear it and it is probably best when used in conjunction with another specific spot treatment."

The new Jimmy Chapman? Judging from the first line, maybe not :P But I've been very impressed at how persistent a guy who's not obsessive about skincare and haircare has been with this product, despite it taking a longer time complete - I think it says quite a bit. I asked him if he'd keep using it after this bottle's done, and he said he would - but with a separate spot treatment product, as he said above.

If you (or your dad, brother, or your other half) has any questions - please do leave them in the comments and I'll forward them on to Ben. You can get the Starter Kit and other goodies from the range, here :)

What kind of skincare do the men in your life use/enjoy? Would you recommend Liz Earle to them? :)

<3yu