Blog Archive

Red Mag's Jemma Kidd Lipgloss in Coral

I'm sure you've heard about this month's Red magazine, which comes with a freebie of Jemma Kidd Make Up School's lipgloss in three shades - a nude, a coral and a red. I already have loads of nudes and have one red lipgloss that I love (Viva Glam Cyndi <3) so I went for the coral - a colour that I have no lip products in.. yet - I know, blasphemy!

Just thought I'd share with you some snaps, and first impressions :)


The packaging is practically the same as the Revlon Super Lustrous lipglosses - same size, same amount just the Revlon lid is shiny and the band is gold.

The formula I felt was very different - while the consistency was similar, it was nowhere near the same pigmentation. However after a few minutes Jemma Kidd's lipgloss felt almost like the ELF Super Glossy Lipshines, when it kinda harden and cling onto your lips making them feel like a layer of thin Wine Gums on your lips.. I personally love that sensation, I also think it makes it a bit more long-lasting!


That swatch has about 3 or 4 swipes, so it is very sheer but even in my pigmented lips I did see coral rather than red, so that is always a good sign :)

I personally didn't think it's worth £14, not just because I prefer more pigmented glosses, but because I didn't see much so special about it, except that it actually came across as coral, not red. It IS good quality and you can tell, but it's a sheer gloss that has good staying power with a pretty standard colour - pretty average overall. But for £3.80, I think it's a steal :)

Did you get any of the Jemma Kidd lipglosses? :)

<3yu