Blog Archive

Embroidery, Embroidery, Embroidery

It was perfect timing to attend the Prints Charming embroidery workshop (and the Jenny Hart workshop at the Urban Craft Center a couple of months ago) because I'm in the midst of heavy embroidery for the next mini quilt for the Three Crazy Quilters Challenge.  It's going to be good, and my embroidery confidence is high.  Although I've done a lot of embroidery, everything seems to have really clicked in on this project.  I've only pricked myself a couple of times -- no blood-letting, and I'm pretty happy with what I've done.  Here are some photos of the blocks -- I'll post the final quilt when it's done.

This block was finished first, but I'm adding more embroidery to it.
The second block finished.  I lurve French knots.
It's pretty obvious I finished this one after the Prints Charming workshop.  It looks very Scandanavian.
This one is ready for embroidery.  After I finish the first one, this one will get the treatment.
I feel in love with the flower designs because they're very modern and funky.  I found them in a quilt calendar and then looked up the designer and bought her book.  Her name is Kim Schaefer and her book is Flower Festival.  I do plan on making a quilt of all of her funky flowers in traditional fabric (Kona solids, of course), I thought I do these in wool felt.  I'll post the completed quilt soon.

Gotta go.  I've got embroidery-ing to do.