Blog Archive

My New Baby

I spent the weekend improv piecing this quilt top for an exhibition next year.  This bright quilt and a few others will be shown in the Bay Area with art prints of Gees Bend quilts.  Exciting stuff.  I'm working out the next one, but this one is ready to quilt.  Very hard on the cones of your eyes.  A lot of color vibration going on here.
Untitled bright - 32" x 40"
I see an addition to this already.  I'll post it when it's done.

Three Crazy Quilters Challenge


I posted the 4 embroidered blocks individually a couple of posts ago.  It's still a WIP, but I wanted to post it.  I'm sure it will be well into next year before I finish her.


Challenge  No. 4 - 50% hand work (phew)
Wool felt and DMC embroidery thread


Numer 5 is a log cabin quilt.  Since I'm in bright mode, it will be bright.  Will post when showable.