Blog Archive

US Make Up Swap with DazzleLikeGlitter!


This time last year, Mandy from DazzleLikeGlitter and I did a swap - and we did it again! :) It's such an exciting thing for us because we specifically send each other things from brands that we can't get in our own country - so last year, she sent me loads of stuff from Cover Girl, Hard Candy and NYX that you can check out here :) She's such a nice girl, and she ALWAYS chooses things that I end up loving so I'm always up for a swap with her!

So this year we kind of put in a few "requests" so to speak, as well as left some to each other's intuitions ;) So here is what she got me - I was spoilt rotten!




Left to Right..
- Milani Baked Blush in Rose d'Oro
- EOS Lipbalm in Strawberry Sorbet
- Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Spicy & Sweet
- Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencil in Black
- Wet n' Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment
- Hard Candy Nail Polish in Beetle

I tried a few things out after I filmed the video, and I absolutely ADORED them! Rose d'Oro is a dupe for MAC's Stereo Rose MSF, and I applied it at night so I couldn't really see the colour yet but it looked pretty from what I could see ;) The Milani Liquif'eye is undoubtedly THE best pencil eyeliner in the world, it literally does not budge off your waterline, it's mad! I also layered the Hard Candy Beetle on top of my new OPI Honk If You Love OPI, and it literally looks exactly like it does in the bottle, as multi-dimensional, chrome-y and sparkly - SO cool!

So thank you SO much Mandy for doing this swap with me - you got me some AMAZING things that I am so happy to have in my collection :) I cannot wait to try the rest and tell you guys about it! If you ever do swaps with people in the States I'd definitely recommend any of the things Mandy got me! ;)

You can check out what I got her from the UK in her video here! :)

Have you ever done a swap?
What's your favourite "foreign" make-up brand/product?

<3yu