Blog Archive

Androgyne Meets Cute 50s Twist

So, fashion -- I am not a reliable source. I still wear some items I first purchased in high school. I have shirts with small holes in 'em, but I've gotten keen at masking them. And dress clothes? C'est quoi ça?

Strong endorsement for this post, I know.

All that aside, I had to share these captivating cuts from Teen Vogue's August 2009 issue. I was prepping some early Valentines this morning when I stumbled across these wicked threads. Check out Gas'd Blog for the original post -- meanwhile, check out the sheer wonder of androgyny with a 50s twist:




Too cute for the street, almost. I find it a heartening proposition that more teen magazines are featuring androgynous options for the not-so-femme of us out there. And, I admit, the first image is an instant overdose of all things baby-butch -- Checkered shirt? Vest? Cropped hair? Wing-tip shoes? A general air of impishness?

Adorable.

Makes me long for those pre-pubescent tomboy days. I know I'd have been all up on's this style had I seen this in the glossies as an eleven-year-old.