Blog Archive

O.P.I Katy Perry - Teenage Dream :)

When Katy Perry's OPI collection first came out I'd never tried OPI and had no interest in doing so (silly me). So a week ago when I was looking for a break from all the matte OPI's I've been trying, I was surprised to see that the swatch I quite liked was 'Teenage Dream' from Katy Perry's collection - how ironic.

Anyway, after a few days of deliberation, I got it. And I haven't looked back, even if this is the only OPI I've paid full price for! :P This is why:


IT'S SOOOO PRETTYYYYYY!
Pink + Bling? What more could I want?!

The photograph does not do justice to the amount of bling that is in this baby. It's a magenta-ey pink liquid with lots of and lots of glitters, both tiny and chunky. The tiny glitters almost create a pearlescent/shimmer effect, while the chunky glitters catch the light like crazy and add that multi-colored bling to your nails. 


I think my biggest fear was how sheer it was going to be, but it's not as sheer as some polishes, and incredibly buildable, because believe it or not that picture has 4 layers on it and it does not feel heavy or clumpy. You can't see it but with 4 layers it's pretty much packed with shimmer, and so you do have the choice of how you want it to look :) Even with 2 layers on, it's nice - just more baby pink than it is magenta, and the shimmer effect is slightly less, and suitable for non-party occasions :).

My way to use this in the future will probably be on the tips of my nails after I've put pale nude colour all over the nail. I think that'll create a very feminine and pretty effect :)
Have you gotten anything from Katy Perry's collection? :)

<3yu

P.S. This is only the start of my nail varnish posts.. hope you don't mind :P