Blog Archive

how to write cute text messages like koreans ?



photo credit: mtvk.com

 When I first got a cell phone in Korea and started exchanging text messages with my Korean class mates,    It was really hard for me to figure out the strange "symbols" they use and I thought it was more complicated than the Korean language !!  After a while. I discovered that those were Korean special Emoticons or smileys and  I started using them. I'm in love with them ; sometimes they can express your feelings better than words !! Haha 
Koreans also use  some Hangul characters such as ㅋㅋㅋ ( pronounced kekeke ) as equivalent to LOL (laugh out loud) and ㅎㅎㅎ ( pronounced hehehe)  just instead of saying HAHAHA
So here are some of the most used Korean emoticons !! :)

T. T               crying
0ㅠ0          vomit
-_-;;             absurd
 ~_~           sleeping or bored
;;                speechless
(+_+)        sleepy or hungover
(#_#)        stayed up too late or I didn't have enough sleep
^0^           happy
(*o*)         wow
^^            smile
^3^           kiss
^.^ V       Victory
>.<          embarrassed
\(^0^)/      Yay!!
^.~                 wink
>(-,-)<        I’m not listening to you :P


Aren't these too cute  ? (*o*)