Blog Archive

Review - Soap&Glory Hand Food & Heel Genius

I know the Soap & Glory Hand Food is an incredibly popular hand cream, and there's loads of reviews on it but I wanted to do a review on it anyway because I feel quite differently about it from most people, and also cuz I don't think Heel Genius gets much attention next to Hand Food! :)


HAND FOOD.. (£4.85 @ Boots)

First of all it smells divine. However, I am not its biggest fan because 1) I think it leaves a greasy residue on your hands and 2) I usually apply hand cream outside of the house and would not take this massive tube in my handbag.

That being said, I happily use this right before bed if I feel the need, as well as carry around a small tube in my handbag - sometimes, a greasy residue is the hydration you need, especially with the dryness these days.

Rebuy? Maybe the small tube. But with the greasy residue, it's nothing special and I have other lotions I could turn to that doesn't leave this greasiness. However, I like that it's not creamy because atleast that makes it lighter than most hand lotions. You can see the consistency in this picture:

Top: Heel Genius, Bottom: Hand Food - as you can see, neither are the thickest of creams!

HEEL GENIUS.. (£5.11 @ Boots)

I love this one more :) It smells divine as well, but what I love most is the greasy residue (lol) as opposed to the creamy kind of thickness that you get from body butter (as you can see above) - I don't like that on my feet. It's more watery than lotion, but it doesn't compensate in the hydration of your feet.

I usually put this on before bed and wear socks to sleep. In the morning, my feet feel a lot softer. That being said, it doesn't seem to be a long-term cure for dry feet, nor does it absorb completely during the night - I always want to wash my feet in the morning.

Rebuy? Maybe. But there are other foot lotions out there that I want to try before I set myself on this one :)

Have you used either of these? What do you think about them? :)

<3yu

P.S. Please check out my blogsale - new pictures, reduced prices and open internationally :)