Blog Archive

First Round of Goodbyes and Bible Verses


This weekend my sorority had Senior Sendoff. Basically it's several events to celebrate the seniors before they graduate. It's a very special time when items are passed on, stories told, and lots of tears shed. Saying goodbye is never easy for me but this time being the one leaving is the hardest. I am so sad to leave this group of girls behind for many reasons but I know that we will keep in touch and the bonds of AOT cannot be broken, no matter how far away.

My heart has been heavy as I'm sure many of you seniors have felt too. It's the time of year where we say goodbye and move on with our lives or watch others we love do the same. People graduate, relocate, and turn the page to the next chapter in their lives. For me, I'm not really sure what comes next. That's incredibly stressful, not to mention scary. It's a big world out there! But I must remember it's not "Goodbye," just "See you later!" And there are many good times to come.


A friend posted this on her Facebook status and the message hit me like a ton of bricks. Don't you love it when you find a verse that speaks to you? I think it needs to be my memory verse for the year, framed on my desk and held close to my heart.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." Matthew 6:33-34

That got me thinking... what's your favorite bible verse? I have a journal full of many, it's hard to choose, but here are several that have special meaning to me:

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Be joyful always; pray continuously; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love that is Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39

I can't wait to hear what verses are your favorite!

Have a blessed day, y'all!