Blog Archive

FOTD: 04.27.11 - GSpot Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Lustrus

I knowwwww, what a provocative name for a company! ;P Is it more scandalous than the infamous NARS blushes? Maybe, maybe not - it's short for GlamSpot, as I learnt later on. But let me tell you, I am much more content searching 'NARS Orgasm' on Google than I was 'GSpot'.. Word of advice, use 'Gspot Cosmetics'.. yeah.

Anyway. FOTD using this lipstick and my new ELF Studio blush in Berry Merry - both of which I acquired in a recent swap using MakeUp Alley:

Products Used:
Eyes - 28 Neutral Palette
Cheeks - ELF Studio Blush in Berry Merry
Lipstick - GSpot Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Lustrus
Gloss - Maybelline MNY Lipgloss


I'm actually really impressed with the lipstick - it's completely matte, extremely pigmented and incredibly long-lasting. At £9.50 a pop, it's a bit cheaper than MAC but I have a feeling in terms of quality, it's pretty high up there. It smells like raspberry too.. Or is it a residue of my lindzer biscuit from Costa? Lol, we will see, as I'm tempted to try out some more, especially from their Gloss Lipstick line. The packaging is also very nice, it's a matte plastic which is kinda rubbery but not as much as the NARS packaging. Also has the imprint of the brand logo:

Heh.
As for the blush - it's a good colour, and I like that it's relatively sheer so you don't have to concentrate so hard on what you are doing. This along with the packaging is my favourite part about ELF blushes!

Have any of you tried GSpot Cosmetics?

<3yu