Blog Archive

The Great Debate

Okay girls, I need some help.

So I've been lusting over Louis Vuitton for years now. It's not for everyone, I understand, but something about the leather and that monogram pattern just speaks to me.

I've decided it's time to take the plunge. I'm graduating college in 34 days. That's a pretty huge accomplishment and I think I deserve and extra special present to myself, from myself.

So here's where I need your help... I can't decide which style. I asked the girls on twitter but thought I would ask the readers too.

Behold the Speedy 30. What a beauty! This is the bag I've been dying to have for as long as I can remember. It's timeless, chic, and classic. But can a classic be overdone? I've seen some heinous fakes and worry that maybe, just maybe there are too many 7th graders walking around the mall with their atrocious version from Claire's. Or am I just being over-dramatic? Afterall, Audrey Hepburn had one herself.


I'm also worried about the top handles. Have any of you had the Speedy? Did it bother you that you couldn't put the bag on your shoulder?

This brings me to my next dilemma... if I don't get the Speedy, how can I decide on another bag?! They are all fabulous! I'm leaning towards the Neverfull if I decide against the Speedy, but then again I can't decide on the PM or the MM. I want to use it as a purse, not so much a tote. The girls on twitter suggested the MM but I'm afraid it will overwhelm my frame. I'm kind of tiny. I do like that you can change the shape of the bag, it is lined with an inside pocket and it features the D-ring but worry that it lacks the personality of the Speedy.

So, if you don't mind, what are your thoughts? Should I stick with the Speedy? Can classics get played out? Oh decisions, decisions....

Thank you for your help and have a blessed day!