Blog Archive

Love at First Sight! Essie - Body Language :)

I've got my first ever Essie - and it was one of those 'love at first sight' products when I received it! :) Hadn't had those in ages, so I was excited from the get-go. I've heard so much about Essie and honestly I just wanted to try it out to see if I'd like it, and see if it'd compare to my love for OPIs.

 I've been looking for a really really light grey-ish taupe colour for a while, and I was ecstatic when I saw this online - it was just a coincidence that it was from Essie:


Essie - Body Language

It's so frustrating that the picture doesn't do it justice :( It's like a extremely light taupe, and against my warm-toned skin it brings out a bit more of the purple-ish tint which I looooove. This is exactly what I was looking for, as a perfect Spring nude. I didn't want a pastel pink or peach - I wanted something stranger, but light enough to be Spring-ey :) It feels SO good to have got it right on the first buy! (Sorry for the messy application.. lol)


This picture is a bit more accurate :)

In terms of the formulation though, I wasn't a fan. The brush I found was a bit thin, but I could live with that because the consistency was quite watery, and so the liquid kind of spread on its own beyond the brush. However, it was also kind of streaky and even after 3 coats I wasn't sure if it was completely even throughout the whole nail. In addition, the drying time was no where near as short as OPI.

So while the colour is to die for, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't have found a more perfect colour from any brand, that would be the only reason why I'd buy from Essie again. I've heard that they have a new formula out in the States, and the packaging is a little bit different, so I'll probably try them again when I see some of those on eBay :)

Do you have any polishes from Essie? Which one's are your favourite?

<3yu