Blog Archive

Review: Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo & Conditioner

I bought these about 2 months ago when they were on offer from Superdrug, and I'd never tried any Aussie stuff before (except for the hairspray) primarily for the price, so it was a good opportunity for me to try them out. I've used them up now, so here's what I think about them :)


The first thing I love about these is that the conditioner is smaller. I always, without fail, have conditioner left over so this was a major plus in my books. The packaging itself is good, and you can take off the purple bit to get the last drops at the end which was useful. But as you can see, the ink on the shampoo melted when I was in the shower so I had a few times where I got out of the shower and I had little purple letters on my fingers.. lol not nice. However, the opening is easy to use even with wet hands, and the look of them is super cute and unique :)

The formulas are very very light compared to other shampoos and conditioners. The conditioner especially is like somewhere between a cream and gel. They are both very hard to spread and literally sits where you put them, so you really have to use a lot to cover your hair, which isn't great considering you don't get a lot of product in the first place and it's not the cheapest of drugstore brands. But the 2 did last me for 2 months which was a good amount of time before I felt I wanted to try something else.

Despite all this, the actual results were pretty good. Considering the fact that I have permed and dyed hair, the 2 kept my hair healthy - I wouldn't go so far as to say moisturized, because unless I used a hair oil afterwards my hair would tangle quite badly, and they didn't feel extra soft or supple. I did feel that they made my hair a lot lighter which was a relief. However, I also felt that the conditioner doesn't do too much unless you leave it in for a couple of minutes, so I always tied my hair up after I applied it, and washed my body before I washed it all out.

So all in all, they were a bit tedious, but at the same time, the results were satisfactory. It might be better for people who have "kind of" dry hair, because I have really dry hair. I'd probably rate the two at about 6.5/10, and I would repurchase if they were on offer, but otherwise I'm still on the lookout for the HG shampoo/conditioner :)

Have you tried any of the Aussie haircare range? Which ones are your fave?

<3yu