Blog Archive

Reasons to Flee PoF

One week <-- Enough time to make me think, "Why, Moffatt? Why are you PoF'ing again? You wrote about the Major Archetypes and Minor Archetypes of online dating. Remember? Maybe you need a refresher. Seriously, why are you doing this to yourself."

I wanted to give it another shot. I figured, you know, I tend to abandon ship after a couple of weeks on the site -- why not give it more time? Perhaps I've been too hasty in dismissing the advances of other online gay gals. Maybe I just need to give it some settling time, and I'll find someone spectacular.

Case and point: Please, bask in the horrid glory of a real message I received this morning:


"we have so many similarities! (i really need to change my profile soon and actually write something in it). until then i'll just deal with being the convo starter. oh but oops you live in [GTA suburb]! lame"

Initiate head explosion in 3.... 2...... 1....

..... Could someone please point out where the "convo starter" is in this e-mail? I know I can be a stickler for etiquette, and I know it's been a while since I've been out on a date, but, in previous experience, insulting a person based on their current headquarters does not constitute a suitable ice-breaker.

No.

And thus, I will be single for life.