Blog Archive

You can hate face wipes..?

I always get random face wipes from wherever I am at the time I remember I need some, and I never really bother about where they are from or anything like that. I've used ASDA, NIVEA, BodyShop, Boots, Superdrug and they were all great. Not sure if it was pure naivety from always 'accidentally' getting good ones, but I'm surprised that for the first time, I've stumbled across one that is just.. disgraceful.


These are the Cucumber Fragrance Essential Face Wipes from Superdrug. I am 99% sure they redesigned the packaging, as I'm pretty sure I've used their Cucumber face wipes before.. I think it used to be all light green.

While I'll credit them for a prettier packaging, their wipes have gone way down in my books. They smell nice, but they're kinda sticky and drag, the wipe is scratchy and they just kinda move your make up more than they remove it. Eye make-up removal is impossible with these. Not only do you turn into Ms. Raccoon-eyes, you seriously feel like you're damaging the delicate skin around your eyes.

I've got a new pack from Boot's Vitamin E range, and have been using these to clean my fingers after I apply foundation/concealer/primer.

Has anyone else come across bad wipes? Lemme know before I randomly pick one up again, my naivety is done! :P

<3yu