Blog Archive

Blog Awards :)

Abby over at A Pilot in Pearls awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you, thank you! I recently found her blog and it is so fun! Be sure to stop by and say hello.

The rules for this award are as follows:
*Link back & thank the person who gave you the award
*Share 7 things about yourself
*Award 5 recently discovered blogs
*Contact them and tell them about their award!

Seven things about me (these get harder and harder, I feel like I've shared a lot over the course of this blog!)

1. I loooove staying up late. I just can't help it, I get this weird burst of energy when midnight rolls around and can tackle anything. Normally this is when I clean the house, wash the dishes, write really long papers, and the like. On the flipside, I am NOT a morning person. I don't really like to talk when I wake up haha. I need to film my old roommate impersonating me in the morning, it's quite hilarious. I moan and groan... you get the picture.

2. I am obsessed with warm weather and dresses so this summer's bright color trend is super appealing to me, I can't resist the spending urge everywhere I go! I've put myself on a shopping ban until the end of Lent, but I did pick up this tunic today (whoops) which I love love LOVE! I can't wait to pair this with some fun chunky wedges and huge sunglasses. I just can't turn down a dress with sleeves. (Yes, taking pictures of yourself in the mirror is weird, but I was shopping by myself and needed a little help from my twitter girlfriends! Those are some fashionable ladies, ha!)

3. Speaking of sunglasses... my face is super small and I have a terrible time finding sunglasses! They either make me look like a bug or hang off the sides of my face. Sadly not even RayBans work. My dad gave my his original Wayfarers from the 70s (?) but they just don't fit. Boo hoo! Does anyone else with this problem have any suggestions for a brand or style that works for them?

4. Formal is coming up this weekend and my spring break tan is fading quickly. Thank goodness for Jergen's Natural Glow!! I decided to try out the foam formula instead of the lotion and let me tell you, I'm sold. No more stinky smell and waiting to dry. I definitely recommend it!

5. You may remember I was supposed to go to Formal in December but it got canceled due to snow at the last minute. It stunk at the time, but my sisters decided since we were already dressed up, we might as well have a good time even if our bus couldn't get up the mountain. So in hindsight it's a great thing, we get two formals! However the brocade in my dress makes a little too wintery for late March so I decided to give Rent the Runway a shot. I've heard great things about it and am anxious to give it a try! I'll let you know what I think.

6. My best friend and I got floor seats to see Taylor Swift! Woohoo! We went two summers ago and it was a night to remember. You better believe I was squealing just as loud as the 10 year olds but who cares? I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. I met Kellie Pickler last time and got her autograph too! It was awesome to meet her where it all began (the same place she auditioned for American Idol)... crazy how far she's come.

7. I don't really care for anything at McDonald's, but their $1 hot fudge sundaes rock my world. Not kidding you, I get one 2-3 times a week. When your guilty pleasure is that cheap it's hard to turn down!


I am passing this award onto the following 5 fabulous recently discovered blogs:
Seersuckered Sailor
Sundresses and Smiles
Simply Southern
Cape Cod Collegiate
Laughter Keeps Us Young

Have a blessed day, y'all!