Blog Archive

I've Joined the Fake Tan Bandwagon!

As a naturally NC30-NC35 person and after having lived in the tropics most of my life I never even thought about fake tan. After moving to England, I can say I feel differently. A few weeks ago I realised for the first time how pale my arms and legs had gotten over time and decided to jump on the bandwagon that is the fake tan wagon.


I bought the Solait tanning mitt for £3 at Superdrug, and got the St. Moriz mousse off a blogsale. To be honest I was expecting a complete disaster cuz I can be quite durrrrr, but I was amazed at how smoothly everything went! (Aside from my initial shock that the foam was grey-ish..)

The tanning mitt made everything so easy, I don't have any streaks and it's easy to blend out edges even a few moments after you've applied it. Also, the reality is that in a natural tan, nothing is ever very precise so there's no actual need to be precise like around the hands and feet.

Also, I found it didn't transfer onto my clothes so I could sleep in it and wash it off in the morning. That being said the smell did bother me a bit. It's not a bad smell, just.. strange.

After two layers of this stuff my skin is back to the normal colour that it was before I moved here, and I love it. My boyfriend was quite worried that I would turn orange and become one of those scary orange people walking around town but to both our surprise it's literally my natural skin colour.


I would've liked to say that I left the hand untanned on purpose to show you guys, but the reality is that I'm an airhead and forgot to tan the hand :P Atleast you can see the effect and how natural the tan looks? Lol..

I applied one layer of my fake tan on Friday, and it hadn't worn out before I wanted to add another layer to bring it to the colour above. Taking the advice of many bloggers, I exfoliated and moisturized before I applied the tan and I'm sure that helped the staying power too!

Anyway, I can safely say that these two goodies will always be in my beauty collection as it's a great pick-me-up. I feel more confident already now that I feel like I'm my usual skin colour! Definitely worth the hype, and would encourage people who have always toyed with the idea to go for it - it's dead easy! :)

Do you fake tan? When did you first jump on the bandwagon?

<3yu