Blog Archive

Major Hair Dye Fail! :(

Unless this is the first post you are reading by me, you know that I had reddish dark brown hair with highlights at the bottom. Now the only issue I had with this was that the bright highlights were really accentuating my dryness and frizziness, so I decided to go for an all over light-ish pink-based dark brown and hope my highlights would still peep through as it was way lighter than my other hairs.. I used L'Oreal Sublime Mousse in 40 Pure Dark Brown that looks like this:


Total fail by the way, if you couldn't tell by the title.

I ended up with pretty much my natural hair colour, which is black with a tint of brown:


Like, how does that even happen?

Okay I know there's the rule of going for a lighter colour when choosing, but I'm not sure if it was a really bad image on their part or if I should've known better. Here are the things I thought about the image on the box:

1) It's definitely more than a shade lighter than what I ended up with.
2) It's a very milky brown.. mine's reddish, in bright bright BRIGHT sunlight.
3) The swatches made it look like even dark hair people will end up with a bit lighter brown as on the box.

The thing that bothers me the most is not how I look, as it's my natural hair colour and I like the fact that I can wear darker eye make-up without looking overboard. It's the fact that it's spring, and I now have dark hair colour, and my highlights are gone.

I'm hoping for the colour to keep washing off in the next couple of weeks, but until then, does anyone know any miracle cure? Maybe an at-home way of highlighting?

I'm so pooped :(

<3yu