Blog Archive

2011 Quilts So Far

Laura's (late) Christmas gift (freestyle blocks):



Rob and Teri's (late) Christmas gift (inspired by Denyse Schmidt).  It was fun creating a log cabin block using the same fabric (upper left corner):



My job has a quilt group and we donate quilts to the City of Hope.  We have a nice room with a view of Century City housing a wall of fabric and multiple sewing machines.   We meet every week to stitch, hash out ideas,  or pin quilts.  Quite fab.  This is my first COH quilt of the year:

COH Quilt No. 1 - "Line Art"



COH Quilt No. 2 - Just Girl(y) -- free form -- I cut string blocks in half and stitched them to the lighter triangles, added a sash, then a border, and then the binding.


Three quilts based on Anita Grossman Solomon's Super-Sized Nine Patch pattern.  "Each fabric is cut with just 2 cuts with a rotary cutter.  Using 3 fabrics and swapping the cut pieces yields 3 quilts in no time at all." Very cool.  Two will be donated and I think I'll keep the third.  (I'll add the measurements later.)

COH Quilt No. 3 - Super-Sized Nine Patch


COH Quilt No. 4 - Super-Sized Nine Patch


I'm keeping this one -- it's not finished yet.


More to come ...