Blog Archive

Summer Foundation: The Decision :)

After the amazing response of my Summer Foundation Dilemma post, it would be rude not to tell you all what I have decided will be my first high-end foundation. Thanks to everyone who gave a suggestion - I looked up each and everyone of them, I feel like a foundation encyclopedia now lol! Anyway, without further ado, I chose..

The Diorskin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Make Up in Shade 030 Medium Beige


I got this in the Debenham's 10% off sale for about £25.65 which I think is a good price to try a high-end foundation. It usually retails at £28.50.

The packaging isn't blowing me away - I think I'm still feeling awkward because it does not fit in with my other make-up at ALL because it's so friggin' luxurious. I'm sat here looking at it like, "..who are you, where are you from, and what are you doing here, you don't belong here!' (I've developed a habit of talking to make-up.. dear God).

Here are my expectations, drawing from reviews and the description:

- Lightweight
- Long-lasting
- Medium Coverage
- Semi Matte Finish

I've swatched it on my hand and WOW - it's so liquidy, but the coverage is there and the finish is definitely semi-matte, and nothing like what I've seen the MAC Face & Body to be like:


There seems to be no cakiness, or even a feeling that I have make-up on my hand, yet the coverage is there. It's also very velvety to the touch, and has a fragrance, which I didn't smell until I put my nose to it. And it's pretty impressive that what you see above was the tiniest pump I could have possibly done (the pump itself is very high quality and controllable), and it covered the whole back of my hand.

So far I'm preferring it to the Diorskin Nude, Dior Satin Eclat, and the NARS Sheerglow, but I won't know if I prefer it over the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua until I actually apply it.


I'm looking forward to try this out. I have to say I'm not 100% convinced yet as I have yet to get that really giddy and EEEP!-ing feeling about this product, but I think that's to be expected when your face hasn't experienced it yet!

My foundation hunt, to say the least, has been stressful! I've learnt from the lovely Delyteful Speaks (who has stuck with me through my uhm's, and ah's - bless her!) that it's very hard to pick the perfect foundation and that it can be very stressful, but it seems I've found a foundation that in theory matches what I want - here's to the start of the HG foundation hunt! :P


What is your HG foundation? :)

Remember to keep an eye out for the full review in a few weeks time! I hope it's a good one ;)

<3yu