Blog Archive

Last Monday - LAMQG Swap

We had a home goods swap at the LAMQG last Monday at our meeting and I received this cool, modern sewing machine cover from Janice.  It is so me:


My person (Jenny) wasn't at the meeting, so I her items are being delivered.  I made her two quilted throw pillows and a tote bag.  I hope she likes them as much as I had fun making them for her.




(front)

 (back)

(label)

The process was amazing.  I love free-form quilting and piecing.  Onwards and upwards.  I have many projects in the works.  There are a lot of babies being born around me, so there are many baby quilts coming ...

2010 Quilts

My most colorful quilt was for little August Danzig, son of my best friend, Lava.  It took awhile to pull all of the fabrics together because the pattern (and fabric) was a couple of years old.  So, I made one for August (hand quilted with red perle cotton) and one for me because I love, love, love the fabrics.  Mine will be stipple quilted.


August with his qult

And the I&M Quilters had a workshop on how to make string quilts.  It took awhile, but I finally finished my quilt top.  I finally found a backing that satisfied me, so I will be finishing the quilting and binding soon.


I wasn't very productive with my charity quilts for 2010.  I did finish one, donated an fuzzy one (with matching pillow), and I have one to finish piecing.

 Scrambled Nine Patch

Fuzzy

2010 Ceramics

Ceramics was good in 2010.  The sale at BCA was ok for me.  2009 was better.  A few of my favorites from the sale. 







Four of the little bottles became the bottle installation below (thank you Lava) with my little felt flowers removed.  I added a few more bottles and the installation was complete.




One of my favorite pieced bowls.  I love the carbon trapping in the glaze (Malcolm Davis Shino).



I love flocking ceramic pieces.  The best of the lot were the jewel toned bowls (with the felty balls added).