Blog Archive

Tel-ART-Phone Opening

The opening of Tel-ART-Phone at the Beacon Arts Building was a HUGE success.  The crowd was crazy and from what I hear, some artwork was sold.  I am proud to say my piece stood out, as it was the only quilt in the show.


But before the opening, we were filmed for a documentary.  It was nerve racking and difficult for me, but hopefully the end result will be good and my piece won't end up on the cutting room floor.

Mat fielding questions during interview
 A curatorial discussion the day before the opening.

Maria, Mat, Mike and I discussing installation of show.

Back to the opening, here I am with my BFF, Lava, before entering the space to experience our fabulous exhibit.  Lava's piece was also quite popular in the show (our Tel-ART-Phone line became a bit X-rated, so no photos will be posted).  

In our funky black dresses.
I'm still so tired from the big party and probably need one more day to recoup from the weekend.  It was good.