Blog Archive

Tough week ...

but I made it.  With crazy work stuff, the new walking program and our art exhibit (Tel-ART-Phone) at the end of the month, it's been a lot.  But on Friday, we were lucky enough to have Karolyn "Nubin" Jensen bless us with her amazing quilts and inspiration at I&M.  The I&M Quilters and some Santa Monica Quilt Guild members had a great time as she showed her amazing quilts to us (with all of the crazy stories) on Friday.  On Saturday, Nubin taught us her applique process (adapted from Sharon Schamber's method).  We had a ball and when I finish my piece, I'll post it.  In the meantime, this is what she taught us to applique:

Nubin Jensen

My favorites of Nubin's quilts are her mini quilts.  I am a collector of small things, and mini quilts take my breath away.  My two favorites are:

 Canardly Diamonds - Nubin Jensen

Half Square Scraps in a Row - Nubin Jensen

The half square triangle blocks are 1".  Very nice.  I have a few mini quilts in mind and can't wait to start them (after the other quilts in my brain are done).  Needless to say, Nubin inspired me, and I think the group, and maybe we'll have class with her again.