Blog Archive

May Favourites 2011 & Some Blog Love :)

End of May, I have been looking forward to you so much - I have a week until I am free from my degree! Of course until I start another one in October.. but no need to think about that yet!

Hope everyone is having a great bank holiday! (I have no idea what it's for, what is it for?) I'm guessing most people aren't out considering the weather, so thought I'd pop this up in case you were wondering what I've been loving this month.. ;P


I know, that blush should be replaced by a microphone and I'm well on my way to becoming one of the Backstreet Boys.. (which I've been obsessing over this month after rediscovering my lus-.. love for them).

BLOG LOVE TIME! :D

This month I've had some major traffic from some bloggers who have so kindly mentioned me on their blogs, so I wanted to thank them and send some love back their way, by telling you a bit about each of them - I'd know, they're some of my favourite blogs, which made the mentions 100x more 'EEP! :)'-worthy! They are pretty blogs so you may already know them, but no harm ey? :)

H's blog has, hands down, the best pictures EVER and she also has an incredible range of products that never fails to make me want to buy some for myself. Her posts are very personalized in both content and the way she writes. My favourite posts from her are posts on what she's been loving, which includes monthly favourites, but also things like colour themes and products that go with that theme. She also happens to be a hoot to talk to on Twitter!

I've been reading Corrie's blog since I started my blog - she has THE nicest hair (Cheryl Cole agrees with me), and the cutest sense of fashion that is actually practical that you can take something away from! She brings out the best of drugstore make up, and she has an IMMENSE Models Own and Barry M nail collection which I am always nagging her to do a post on.. Join me and nag her :P

I found Tiffany's blog very recently, but the posts that caught me eye were her top 5 favourites posts of each category, like blush, bronzer, etc., which helped in discovering new products. Her posts are a good blend of individual product reviews, blogger interviews and collective reviews of products with a certain theme - if you can't tell, posts w/ more than one product are my faves for some odd reason (it gives scope to compare, and let me decide which product I'll probs like best!) and Tiffany does loads of them for different 'themes'!

Vivianna's blog is another one that I've been reading since Day 1 - she is by far, my biggest enabler (and she's admitted that she loves it! Evil!) She is one of the most honest bloggers out there, and I love how personalized her blog is. It's always about how the products relate to her - i.e. things she's loved, what she uses them for, when she uses them etc., which is what I look for in a blog - anyone can do objective straight-forward reviews right? Viv is another blogger that is great fun to talk to!

So yes. Please go check them out, as I never miss a post from any of these ladies! If you want to see some of my other favourites, pop on over to the 'Blog Love' tab at the top of my page :)

Until June, I will leave you with the image that's been taking the misery out of my revision and cold/flu:


 Heidi the over-weight and cross-eyed opossum from Leipzeig Zoo, Germany.

<3yu